Autor Wątek: TF Tank Bali V2  (Przeczytany 1855 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Offline cardoso5fr

• A little French Balisong Maker
  • Opinii: (0)
  • Użytkownik knives.pl
    • My personnal knives productions and my how to
TF Tank Bali V2
« dnia: 13-01-2007, 20:25:43 »
There is the first balisong for 2007. After a good day of work in the shop, i finished the Tank Bali V2
Weight 199g.
Closed 13,2cm
Open 20cm
Width 23mm
Thickness 17mm
6 mm thick File steel for blade, plate bevel,selective hardening, tempering during 1 hour to 220°

A strong baby, very heavy, very thick. I drilled a lot of hole to decrease the weight. But it's always a tank, and that was the aim.

The selective hardening give a nice two hamon, but i prefered that time to polish totaly the blade.

It's a visual effect, the blade is perfectly in the handle line.

The thumbstud is simply the mark of the old file. (i polished that in order to protect the finger)

Man can dissassemble totaly the bali. There is 8 rasor blade washer. The screw are M4.

A few gym movement.

Vue de dessus.
And to proove that it flip good.
http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q314/cardoso5fr/?action=view&current=DSCN2179.flv
Be cool one more time, even if i took the video with the right hand, that is very fast take video.
The asymétrical handle permit to find easily the safe handle. But the bite handle is strange to flip (there is an adaptation time, because of inertia of the other handle :))

Offline kali

• edgy
  • Szef
  • Opinii: (96)
Odp: TF Tank Bali V2
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: 13-01-2007, 21:06:46 »
hello
it really looks like tank opener! :D
i see that pins are "guinn's style". are they robust enough comparing to overall construction?  don't  they deformate under heavy flipping?
did you use washers in this desing?
There are no tactical knives, only tactical minds
FP

Offline cardoso5fr

• Użytkownik knives.pl
Re: TF Tank Bali V2
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: 13-01-2007, 21:29:42 »
That is indeed guinn's style :). that is terrry give me the idea. Before i used some nail but it was longer to work with.
With the rolled pins, that is very fast. And the building of the piece in A2 steel permit to support some important shock. I broked some rolled pins but it's easy to change. The pins on that one are 4 mm with 1mm steel thick. really strond.
For the washer i used my homemade rasor steel washer. I use the how of chris craford, that i mod a little.
On that model there is 4 by pivot (2 each side of the blade. The thickness is 0,12 mm for each washer.)

Offline kali

• edgy
  • Szef
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: 13-01-2007, 21:57:08 »
For the washer i used my homemade rasor steel washer. I use the how of chris craford, that i mod a little.
On that model there is 4 by pivot (2 each side of the blade. The thickness is 0,12 mm for each washer.)
i overlooked info about washers in your first post ;)
what do you think about other Guinn's idea - magnetic latch? ( if i remember correctly, unfortunately it's patented...) :(
FP

Offline cardoso5fr

• Użytkownik knives.pl
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: 13-01-2007, 22:31:17 »
It's in a futur project. The idea is interresting, but the most difficult thing is to find some magnet strong enough to conserve the bali closed, and no too strong to permit to the handle to move and to flip.
Other difficulty is that magnétite is stronger than simple steel. Quasi impossible to drill it. You have to epoxied or something like that. i would have to ask to terry how he fixed his one on his magnetic bali.

I discovered balisong making with terry's tutorials. And with my internet and forum activity ,i have some contact with him. He has a lot of idea. His last one is an balisong axe full damascus. He is very inventive, and really nice. And if he can help he don't hesitate. He can't produce a lot of knives because he is only part time maker, but i love all his bali and most of his idea are new and give something new to the balisong work.. His set with knife and cork is wonderfull, i will make one in 2007. That is another project. :).

Is there a section where i can post my how to????
Balisong, friction folder, horn handle, opinel customisation????

Offline kali

• edgy
  • Szef
« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: 13-01-2007, 22:46:43 »
yeah, Guinn's desings are really interesting :) glad to hear that he's a nice guy :D

you should post howtos on forum "knifemaking" -> http://www.knives.pl/forum/index.php/board,13.0.html
FP

Offline cardoso5fr

• Użytkownik knives.pl
« Odpowiedź #6 dnia: 14-01-2007, 13:03:15 »
Thank you for the adress. I will post everything soon :).