Autor Wątek: [Tutorial]How to customise a little multi blade pradel.  (Przeczytany 1805 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Offline cardoso5fr

• A little French Balisong Maker
  • Opinii: (0)
  • Użytkownik knives.pl
    • My personnal knives productions and my how to
The restoration of a small folding stool with is carried of all, and this with a minimum of material and dexterity. I will try in a few words to explain a method to give to nine an old knife. While espèrant that that will give you desire for trying the adventure.

Material necessary

1 old little folder pradel or something in the same way
Sander with band 80-120.

Dremel (or copies) with drum of sandpapering 40 -120, felt of polishing, coils steel or wire brass, paste to be polished.

Rape with wood

Files

Sandpaper 40-80-120-320-600

Pierre with affuter

Forest of 2mm and rivets 2mm

Small vices.

Wood various (bamboo in this case)

Stick cyanolitique., linseed oil, beeswax.

The damaged unit.

The blade will pass on the tape of the grinder (grain 120 in order to remove rust and of applanier the unit. (in general one works rather with the sandpaper but the blade being trés abimée does not risk large thing, of or the use of the grinder.

One cleans draws it stopper using the brush brass and of the small grinding sharpening stone. In this manner one removes can of matter and one makes a texture a little sympatique to the steel which composes draws it stopper.

One cuts the rivets with the disc to be cut up. (warning the plastic which heating releases a white smoke very toxic (in any case to breathe it two mn makes cry and suffocate) of or the wearing of a mask and work in a place ventilated.

Once pins removed and the dismounted unit. It is seen clearly that the metalic parts are corroded.

One cleans the whole with the fine sandpaper and one can even once removed rust, to pass the unit to the felt and the paste to be polished (allows to have less friction during the use of the machine elements.)

The plate of bamboo to be put at the desired size. One splits in the direction of fibre using a chisel.

One makes the plate plane to the sander (here my grinder, special minutes 300 AE from bosch, the bands are very short and are not very broad but make it possible to work simply and properly.

Once cleaning carried out and plates cut out.

In order to bore the holes one Scotch tape the metal plate on the bamboo. It is necessary scotcher around so that during drilling varnish it does not burst of the other with dimensions.

Drilling of holes of 2mm. (the drill press facilitates largely, if not the dremel is sufficient to bore bamboo.)

Holes once bored. It is seen that the varnish did not burst thanks to the Scotch tape.

One cuts using a small hacksaw the with dimensions vertical ones of the site of the car stopper.

One then cuts out with the disc to cut up the longor of the part.

One makes a test to see whether the assembly is held.

One sticks the plates of bamboo and the plates metal using the cyanolitic adhesive.

One can make small a guillochage with a file diamond. Round file all cm of each with dimensions.

Veiled the notches carried out.

A feature of each with dimensions of the notches (a notch vertical between each round notch).

Once the stuck plates, one can rivet the whole of the parts (here of aluminium). I added brass discs so that the rivet is not in contact with the bamboo (that forces less).

The plates are given in form to the grinder (with the file or the dremel for the least fortunate.)

On the photograph the knife left a linseed oil bath. It will be then polished with the paste to polish and waxed.

Veiled the final result. For more photographs click on the image.

I hope that these small explanations will have allowed you to better apprehend the modification of an old folding stool.

Good courage and amuse well.

@ + ben

Offline Gieras

• Opinii: (12)
  • Użytkownik knives.pl
Odp: [Tutorial]How to customise a little multi blade pradel.
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: 03-04-2007, 15:15:25 »
Jakby mozna bylo prosić jak ktoś zna angielski to niech napisze z  czego te okładziny są i czy były klejone czy tylko na piny?

Offline Pokim

• Opinii: (14)
  • Mieszkaniec knives.pl
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: 03-04-2007, 18:08:34 »
Według mojej dedukcji to okładziny są z bambusa, klejone na klej kontaktowy, cyjanoakrylowy. Ale ja nie znam angielskiego.  :)
Na przekór Hanysom, mieszkom za Brynicą

Offline pete

• Nowy użytkownik
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: 03-04-2007, 18:08:59 »
okładziny są z bambusa
przyklejane jakims lepikiem "cyanolitic adhesive". Niestety nie znam.

update:
 tak jak kolega wyzej napisal.

Offline Misza

• Raczej cienki
  • knifemaker
  • Opinii: (9)
  • ---- Dawniej A`te ----
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: 03-04-2007, 18:22:06 »
That was easy. :)

Too bad you didn't make nicer filework. That one looks.. hmm.. lame ;)  You could also make brand new blade., But truth is, that you restorated the old one finely. Too bad handle is so shiny. I would rather like matte finish.

But nice overall work. Effect is good.
MBR Custom Knives   ][   Knives 4 fun, not 2 kill.  ][   StoPoWUz ][ TKLM ][- Jestem z TEGO Świebodzina. Komu autograf?

Offline cardoso5fr

• A little French Balisong Maker
  • Użytkownik knives.pl
    • My personnal knives productions and my how to
Re: [Tutorial]How to customise a little multi blade pradel.
« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: 04-04-2007, 09:15:13 »
For information i made that how to 3 month after to have knifemaking begun :). The only tool i had was my dremel and some diamond file, and i wasn't bright at all with my finger :). That's why the file work is not wonderfull, i made test at that time, (and i stop to make file work because that is something i'm not good at).

Według mojej dedukcji to okładziny są z bambusa, klejone na klej kontaktowy, cyjanoakrylowy. Ale ja nie znam angielskiego. :)

The plate are indeed in bambusa, and glued to the brass plate :)