Autor Wątek: Remora a TI friction folder by my friend oufti  (Przeczytany 2474 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Offline cardoso5fr

• A little French Balisong Maker
  • Opinii: (0)
  • Użytkownik knives.pl
    • My personnal knives productions and my how to
Remora a TI friction folder by my friend oufti
« dnia: 07-02-2007, 10:45:12 »
That is the remora, design and realisation by my friend Oufti :)

Titanium scales and XC75 with differential hardening (non revealed, I think it looks beter this way) for the blade, the clip is made from the same titanium as the scales.

Teflon washers.

Closed: 4.72"
Open: 7.1"
Usable blade: 3"

I must say it's the second time I present this knife (1st here) I did a lot of work on it after I saw T-Wan's new Mayo, I was so ashamed of my finish... I did it all again, I polished so hard the scales that from 0.08" they are now... 0.06"...

But I still am far far far from Tom's result... he is astonishing...

A small video of the one hand opening, it's tuned quite hard, I prefer this way for friction folders. Look at the end of the sequence how I do take care of getting my fingers out of the way... she bites !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jCu01T1pd8

And some pictures:

I hope you enjoy the baby :).

Offline pecado

• Wsparcie techniczne
  • Szef
  • Opinii: (165)
  • clava curva pie vinco in spelunca
    • Knives.pl na FB
Odp: Remora a TI friction folder by my friend oufti
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: 07-02-2007, 10:53:12 »
simply & cool :-)
Very nice design, I like it!
pozdrawiam
pecado
Fanklub Taktycznej Rusałki |#| Barankom mówię moje stanowcze nie :mad:
hokka hey hadree hadree succomee succomee

Offline Farulf

• Opinii: (16)
  • Mieszkaniec knives.pl
  • CBB
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: 07-02-2007, 10:56:07 »
Very interesting indeed. Even the screws seem somehow right for this particular folder. It's only a shame it has no locking mechnism (but that's just my opinion).
Już nie marudzę tak bardzo. Dorosłem czy się zestarzałem?

Offline Guldan

• knifemaker
  • wykwalifikowany pierdolec
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: 07-02-2007, 12:13:07 »
farluf: bo to jest friction folder, one nie maja blokady ;) (przez to mozna je nosic legalnei we francji, dlatego chlopaki ich tam tak duzo robia)

Offline NAZIR

• Szef działu
  • Opinii: (25)
    • knives.pl
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: 07-02-2007, 12:19:05 »
Whoa! Lucas presented me the project some time ago and I have to admit that it turned out really great. :)
uważam, że powinno się robić tak, ażeby nie było krytyki, tylko aplauz i zaakceptowanie

"A blade with no tip is like a breast with no nipple -- its pointless." - Michael Burch

Offline Farulf

• Mieszkaniec knives.pl
  • CBB
« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: 07-02-2007, 12:25:39 »
Guldan, w życiu bym się nie domyślił ;)  Mimo wszystko bardziej by mi się podobał jakby miał ładnego framelock'a (a co, to moja opinia, każdy ma prawo do własnej ;P ).

Cardoso5fr, sorry for the offtopic. We'r just discussing subject of locking mechanism and why it is or isn't there, with guldan, and I hope we've reached consensus in that matter.
Już nie marudzę tak bardzo. Dorosłem czy się zestarzałem?

Offline XkondorX

• już bez iksów
  • Opinii: (186)
  • Mieszkaniec knives.pl
  • To mały krok dla człowieka, dla karła normalny.
    • meine
« Odpowiedź #6 dnia: 07-02-2007, 12:27:25 »
hmmm...sweet :-) and UK-legal ;-)
The true rebels always walk alone anyway.

Offline cardoso5fr

• Użytkownik knives.pl
Re: Remora a TI friction folder by my friend oufti
« Odpowiedź #7 dnia: 07-02-2007, 13:27:15 »
hmmm...sweet :-) and UK-legal ;-)

And france legal too :).

No probleme for the off topic :). With what i understood, Jack said that in france friction folder are legal (and in belgium too ,Oufti is belgian). Moreover, friction folder are easier to make that frame lock of other lock systèm. I have to precise that Lucas is a hobbyst as i am and we work with the tool under the hand :). he bagan knife makin 1 year ago (against 1.5 for me :).

Offline aambeeld

• Opinii: (29)
  • Mieszkaniec knives.pl
« Odpowiedź #8 dnia: 19-02-2007, 19:55:21 »
The knife is awesome. I adore the way of its presentation - a professional deviation towards maps  ;-)

By the way - where R U buying all the stuff like screws etc? Do U have any local shops selling the stuff ot U buy via Internet?
« Ostatnia zmiana: 19-02-2007, 19:56:52 wysłana przez aambeeld »
Sursum corda

Offline cardoso5fr

• Użytkownik knives.pl
« Odpowiedź #9 dnia: 20-02-2007, 08:09:58 »
I give the ti to Lucas and he found a little shop with a stock of 20 torx metrical screw :). We're trying to find some supplyer and to order an important quantity of torx and hexagonal metrical screw :).

Offline aambeeld

• Mieszkaniec knives.pl
« Odpowiedź #10 dnia: 20-02-2007, 09:30:58 »
so it seems that the knifemakers' supplies R hard to get also in France - as I see we deal with very similiar obstacles - trying to get few screws U have to buy few dozens of them - the same goes for steel (well. we have Melon in Poland  ;) ) and other materials. Those can be realively inexpensive while the stuff form knifemakers' supply shops R far less price-attractive, but often it is the only way to get the artefacts U need to fininsh the knife U R working on.
Sursum corda

Offline cardoso5fr

• Użytkownik knives.pl
« Odpowiedź #11 dnia: 20-02-2007, 09:39:39 »
We have exactly the same problèm :) And oufti is belgian and he has the same problèm. We have some supplyer of steel (eurotechni bonpertuis, worlf borger in germany, achim in germany) they can supply some steel in few quantity but the price of shipping are always very expensive. Find carbon fiber, g10, micarta, kydex, titanium, screw is very hard. And the price are often very expensive. Often we finished by order in us knifekit. That is often the only solution.
Myself that is a reason why i make "rubish knives". That is easy to find and old circular saw, a file, a wood rasp, a copper tube. I make knives with the material i can have for some coin and that can find easyly.
The probleme is the same with, backstand, anvil or other tool. They are very expensive and the hobbyste have to build their own tool :).
I use two beltsander (40*303 mm and 60*400mm) :). I'm very far of a backstand :).
« Ostatnia zmiana: 20-02-2007, 10:11:26 wysłana przez cardoso5fr »

Offline aambeeld

• Mieszkaniec knives.pl
« Odpowiedź #12 dnia: 20-02-2007, 10:03:47 »
I know very well what U mean!

Regarding tools: U can find very cheap anvils near Achim in Aachen and Koln - U can find them very easy on German Ebay - there is a junk shop in Koln, which sells quite a lot of good quality, old, heavy anvils and blacksmith tools and they sell on Ebay.de - just write Amboss. I was searching for anvils also in northern France (enclume - isnt' it, in Dutsch - aambeeld  ;-) ) but the prices were much higher than in Germany.

I am using the crap steel too - beside its very low prices, I like the steel with history - "steel with soul" some would say  ;-)
I have collected large "bastard" files from: Switzerland, France, Belgium, Russia, Germany, States, Italy and POland - I plan to make a knife collection from them some day. Those are old fasion files made in the times, when steel quaity mattered.  :D
Sursum corda

Offline cardoso5fr

• Użytkownik knives.pl
« Odpowiedź #13 dnia: 20-02-2007, 10:13:26 »
I am using the crap steel too - beside its very low prices, I like the steel with history - "steel with soul" some would say ;-)

I like that too :). Thank you for the info about german ebay :). And now i know a word in Dutsch :).